( The 10th edition Nice Classification is being applied in Taiwan trademark application. )
- 1.A Clear Representation of Mark
- 2.An Executed Power of Attorney
- 3.A specific list of goods or services
- 4.Priority document (when the priority right is being claiming)
Limitation of items of the Designated Goods/Services:
- 1.The designated goods of one class of trademark application should be limited 20 items; otherwise the excess fee will be occurred for each additional item of the goods in one class.
- 2.There is no limitation for the items of service for the trademark application designated in Class 35 to Class 45, except the sub-class 3519 of Class 35 (the specific wholesale or retail of specific products).
The Examination Procedure Chart
- Examination( 8-12months )
- Issue of
- Publication( Opposition Period for 3 months )
( The Registration Fee mentioned above should be paid within 2 months from the date when the Notice of Allowance is received by the applicant. )
Duration of Trademark Registration:
10 years from the registration date
6 months before the expiration date of the Trademark Registration
- 1.The registration of the trademark may be revoked if the trademark has not been used or has been suspended from use continuously for three years after registration without valid reasons.
- 2.Any changes to a registered trademark shall be entered and recorded by the Taiwan Intellectual Property Office. An unrecorded entry shall have no locus standi against any third party.